20146 Leslie Street
Sharon Lodge #97 was founded in 1858 . Over 100 years later, in the early 1960s, after years of holding Lodge meetings in a variety of rented locations, the brethren began thinking about a new temple, one that they would own.
To this end they purchased a one acre piece of property from Harry Leadbetter, a local farmer and butcher, for the sum of $ 2000.00 dollars. This was all the money they had at the time, but that did not prevent the start of work on the new building.
With no money, but a lot of spirit and some donated materials the Brothers, under the direction of Bro. William Curtis, began construction. Particularly noteworthy were the efforts of Burling Construction, a company that built the block walls, and Sharon Lodge member Bro. James Ritchie who did the plastering. Many other Lodge members took part in the various facets of construction.
The temple was dedicated in June of 1966 and has been home to Sharon Lodge # 97 ever since.